Unfortunately we don't take second hand items for a few reasons:
1. We need to have people working to sort and check items as bigger baby items need to be checked against Australian Standards. Then if they don't meet those standards we have to cover the cost of disposal.
2. We are not insured for the distribution of second hand items for similar reasons.
3. We don't invest in large storage spaces so don't have the capacity to keep in stock.
4. Other organisations focus on just second hand items so they are insured and have excellent processes because this is their main focus.
5. We give out new items as a part of our program - because a lot of our women don't get much new for their babies so it's really lovely to give them new items and to be able to use these as tools for educating.